Board of Directors:
Director: Fraser Smith, LL. Eng.
- Fraser Smith, Director, Northern Climate Engineering Ltd. LL. Eng., Building Technology, BCIT.
- After graduation from BCIT following a twelve month contract
position with the Energy Branch, Government of Yukon as an Energy
Advisor, he joined the original northern climate engineering company in
1984. Throughout his years of experience with mechanical systems design
field he has applied his 25+ years of construction knowledge, energy
perspectives, and operations management skills to the successful record
of northern climate engineering ltd.
- Jeff Pike, Mechanical Engineering B.Eng., BCIT
- As a student in the BCIT engineering program, Jeff took several
co-op positions both at northern climate engineering ltd. and for Highways and Public Works.
Jeff has used that experience as a springboard and launched himself into
a career in HVAC marked by hard work, flexibility, and good communication skills.
Jeff also finds time to volunteer for both Habitat for Humanity and
the Yukon Special Olympics, and to throw himself down mountains on his bicycle.
- Dyson Hale, Mechanical Engineering Technology with Honours, NSCC-IT.
- Dyson came to northern climate engineering ltd. after a few
years exploring welding, driving, and electrical trades, both in the oil fields
and locally in Whitehorse. Based on this background Dyson has a appreciation
for the strain systems feel in extreme climate of the North and has learned how to
adapt systems to aquire better performance.
Dyson then decided focus on the mechanical aspects of engineering and gained his
engineering technician designation. He has been working with nothern climate
engineering ltd. since March 2009 and has worked on a large variety of projects
which well suits his desire to push himself, gain knowledge, and make things work
in the North.
- Dylan Stewart, Mechanical Engineering B.Eng., Lakehead University (Thunder Bay, ON)
- Dylan has a wide background including work in both the mechanical and electrical
engineering fields. Dylan's experience gives him a broader view of mechanical systems and
how they interface with controls and electrical.
- Gemma McIntyre-Gould